05 April 2007

jon bon jovi - miracle

So I've told you before how it all started. Am going back in time all of a sudden. I've taken out all my tapes, and cd's to listen to, I brought my cd with the discography to work tonight. Because someone on the forum I'm on decided to open a thread. It was like opening the door of a submarine while still underwater. I'm being swept off my feet once again. Added to that, an online acquaintance of mine whom I've been talking about the concerts I mean to go to said that the only one he would attend would be a Bon Jovi concert. I replied after five minutes of fantasizing of how that would actually feel... and if it wouldn't kill me.

This particular song is features on the Young Guns II soundtrack, along with Academy Award nominated Blaze of Glory. I remember how happy I was back in 1995 or so when MTV had an entire weekend dedicated to BJ and I actually saw the video to this, seeing I never knew until then that it had been released as a single. I had had lyrics of the song written on my (by now hopefully famous ;) ) huge paper sheet on my drawer door. It's an encouraging song to hear.

A penny for your thoughts now baby
Looks like the weight of the world's on your shoulders now
I know you think you're going crazy
Just when it seems everything's gonna work itself out
They drive you right back down

And you said it ain't fair
That a man walks when a bird can fly
We have to kick the ground, the stars kiss the sky
They say that spirits live, a man has to die
They promised us truth, now they're giving us lies

Gonna take a miracle top save us this time
And your savior has just left town
Gonna need a miracle 'cause it's all on the line
And I won't let you down
The river of your hope is flooding
And I know the dam is busted
If you need me I'll come running
I won't let you down... no, no

You're looking for salvation
You thought that it'd be shining like an angel's light, yeah
Well, the angels left this nation
And salvation caught the last train out tonight
He lost a hell of a fight

He said: "
I'm just one man, that's all I'll ever be
I never can be everything you wanted from me
I've got big plans so big that any blind man could see
I'm standing in the river
Now I'm drowning in the sea"

Gonna take a miracle top save us this time
And your savior has just left town
Gonna need a miracle 'cause your heart's on the line
And your heartbeat is slowing down
Your feet are grounded still you're reaching for the sky
You can let 'em clip your wings 'cause I believe that you can fly

Well my eyes have seen the horror of the coming of the flood
I've driven deep the thorny crown into the soul of someone's son
Still I'll look you in the eye 'cause I've believed in things I've thought
And I'll die without regret for the wars I have fought


No comments: