12 February 2007

anouk - mood indigo

OK, nevermind the crappy video now (the other option was something performed on a TV show, you didn't want to see that). Best press play and minimize your browser window. Close your eyes and listen.

This is yet another distinctive female voice, I find and along with K's Choice some of the finest the Dutch gave to the music industry (I don't really know what else they gave, though, lol). I discovered Anouk by accident. Like pretty much everybody else at that time, I only knew of the single Nobody's Wife, which rocked. I liked it and that was that. Until one day, at a radio show contest, I won a tape (yes, a tape!) with the album Together Alone (1997). They even apologized that the case was broken, it was the last they had to give away. Well, 'nuff said that the tape landed periodically in my walkman in the coming years.

Apparently, Anouk is a well selling artist in the BeNeLux countries, with now six albums under her belt. I have only heard one other, but off the first, there are several songs that have stuck with me. This one is the first single off it. As said... 1997. Nevermind the video.



PS: Later edit: Apparently the video has been taken off the site. So has been the crappy one. I'll leave it here as it is and will replace it should another one appear. Do listen to the song, though :)

PS: Edit no. two. Found the crappy one again. Forgiver her, she was young and inexperienced back then. :)

No comments: