25 February 2007

cargo - batacanda

This is local pride kicking in :) And i mean local, not national. Cargo is one of the most appreciated Romanian rock bands, active for over two decades. It is the band that made guys like my brother want to be in a rock band; it is the band whose concerts i don't miss; it is the band that doesn't even have to sing when they come to play home gigs, because the public would do it for them with all their heart and all their lungs; it is the band that headlines festivals in my hometown, no matter what other band is playing the same day; it is the band that still draws fans in spite of changes of line-ups and attitude problems (oh, yeah, they sometimes have them :D ). This is one of my favourites among their songs, though it is so hard to pick just one. Makes me just wanna undulate my hips ;)
For Romanian speaking people... here is a short documentary on the band. And for them and all the rest... here is Batacanda.

No comments: