17 February 2007

the stills - still in love song

This song is the only one I've ever heard of the band, but I've done some digging right now as I am writing this and... I promise I'll look into it. The (first, I think) album of this dudes is called Logic Will Break Your Heart and this is a single thereof. New album out now, entitled Without Feathers. They are based in Montreal, Canada, their site informs me. Interesting design, take a look at http://www.thestills.net/ - I'm to the new album as I write now.

Anyways... the song I am talking about... I've first noticed it while I was en passant through the room while MTV was on, the song was coming up and the band/title combo caught my eye. I watched and listened and like. What I like to this day is the double meaning you can read into the chorus lyrics. Though they are clearly stated as "I'm still in love and I'm still in love" they might well be heard/interpreted as "I'm still in love and I'm stealin' love" or "I'm stealin' love and I'm still in love". You go figure out the different meanings the thing taks on according to that change. I'm going to give the new album a listen now and you watch the vid (finally a genuine one):

No comments: