15 March 2007

alice cooper - school's out

Ok, retroactive blog. And now, as promised, I'm going to tell you a bit about what I have been doing the past few days. I have acted as a volunteer for an NGO and as such have coordinated a project that involved taking around fifty 7th graders to the city hall; during one exhausting day, they learnt the ins and outs of life as a local councilor; they identified issued in the field of "safety" that they would like to see solved, came up for solutions in groups and then had to vote for the best solution. All in all, I think they had loads of fun and I think it was also a good experience for them. For the coordinators on the other hand... well, you can imagine. We get to see the mess behind the curtains :)

So, I thought that School's Out would be a fitting track. The day was a day off from school for the kids... and it was a good cry of relief for me when it was all over. :) Now, a funny incident I remember involving another Alice Cooper song, Hey Stoopid, was several years ago. I was maybe 14 or so. Someone kept on calling on the phone, obviously in a prank. I got tired repeating over and over that it was the wrong number, so I pulled my cassette player next to the phone, set a tape to the start of this song and waited for the phone to ring. I picked up the receiver, put it next to the loudspeakers and pushed play with maxed volume. I think it created quite a microphony. Anyways, they didn't call again :D

And now, back to present... Alice Cooper (by the way, seen him on VH-1's Behind the Music, he's a totally sweet guy) is one of the artists who will be performing at the B'estival, a three day festival to be held in Bucharest this year. The line-up kind of sounds worth taking the long train ride in stride :)