21 March 2007

firma - important

Firma are probably one of my favourite Romanian bands. Their first video was La Orbire (Of Blindness), I have seen it once, liked it and forgotten all about it. Then they got a record contract and along came the single Nimeni (Nobody). I loved it instantly, in fact so much that I just went out and bought the album. It is very well worked, especially for a music album produced in Romania, with attention to every detail from sound and lyrics to album cover and design - all aspects in which the band members were heavily involved. And then came this video for the single Important. First time I saw it, I thought it belonged to a foreign artist. Really well done and I recommend it in a quality higher than the one youtube can provide.

There is also another version of this video, subtitled Rocca's Nightmare (Rocca being the lead singer and songwriter); then the band kind of vanished. There was a collaboration of Rocca with N-eatgroove (much like the Brian Molko - Timo Maas song First Day) and that's about that. Yesterday I read in a cheap grab-it-for-free local newspaper that the band is working on a second album. I didn't quite know what to make of it, since they only mentioned three members. I've check the band's homepage and... guess what, the newspaper was right for once. Apparently Lix, the guitarist and other songwriter has left the country; don't know what has happened to the other dude, but they are down to three members now and about to release an album. Am curious about that one.

No comments: