01 March 2007

mika - grace kelly

This I have declared at the begging of February my feel-good song of the month and I must say it did a good job out of it. When I first heard the song I went in the room to see who was singing. I kept humming it all day and I've even had "Why don't you like me, why don't you like me, why don't you walk out the door?" as a messenger status that day. It's a really playful satire with a colourful laid back video, nothing fancy. The dude has in interesting voice, he really 'tries a little Freddie' at times. Apparently, he wrote the song in frustration after being turned down by several record companies for not fitting the trend, hence the 'I could be brown, I could be blue, I could be violet sky, I could be hurtful, I could be purple, I could be anything you like' part.

No comments: