11 March 2007

take that - shine

Ok, this one really wasn't planned (I have thirty something songs written on a piece of paper that I mean to post here at one time or another...). But I was talking to a friend yesterday and he told me he had just listened to Take That's new single five times in a row. And that reminded me how I dropped my jaw a couple of days ago when I heard a song I really liked on TV, went into the room to see who it was... and discovered Shine. I had already liked Patience, but I think I was still skeptical about the guys making a real comeback. Woo-hoo, I suddenly feel so young again. I mean... Take That were in my top three bands twelve years ago! Like with many others, I've started liking them when they were already falling apart as a band. I still think Robbie can pocket the entire band as a songwriter and entertainer, but... this song rocks. I think it will be for March what Mika's Grace Kelly was for February - feel good song of the month.

No comments: