28 March 2007

ana johnson - we are

I liked this song the moment I heard it. I like rock chicks :) Not even the fact that it was on the soundtrack of Spiderman deterred me; then again, I have another film from the series posted here. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I like Spidey. It's a crap movie, of course, but that only if you insist looking at it as a movie. I don't. I continue to view it as a cartoon, with actors instead of drawings and thus am able to enjoy it despite all flaws and blunders.

Now just you go figure what a weird person I am. Here were, four or five people wanting to go to the movies to see Spiderman. Frist, someone's late for the meeting point. Then, I insist we pass an ATM so I can withdraw money to get my ticket and a coke. They don't want to take that route, cause they'll pay and I'll repay afterwards. I hate having people pay in my stead, even if it's just a loan. They rush like mad, I tell them to calm down, as all we are bound to lose are the ten minutes of commercials at the beginning of every flick. Then someone starts bickering. I have my ticket bought and get myself a bottle of coke. Finally we enter the theatre, but hey, one guy's missing cause he went to the loo. It's dark already inside, commercials showing, so we have to wait for him as to not get split up. There are some free seats there that are just perfect - nothing hindering the view, first row of a bunch of them, so we don't even bother anyone. No, someone insists we go farther to the front. The movie is about to start, we grope our way. By this time I am not pissed, I am fuming. They have watched me grow increasingly mad and kept making fun, by now I don't even talk to them, they find the whole situation very amusing and keep giggling. They finally decide they are up front enough and sit down on three seats at the margin. I sit myself in the row behind them. Am not in the mood for more giggling and teasing on their part. I just want to enjoy watching this cartoon (by the above definition) and relax, wind down. By know, one guy probably senses I'm serious about it, so he gets up and sits beside me cause it's not nice to watch a movie alone... errrrm. Hm. Approximately the same group of people wanted to watch Garfield in the 8pm show. I went to the 6pm one, alone, rather enjoying it.

Anyways, looking back these are the two things I remember about the film. Ana Johnson's song and that movie-going experience. Am not going to the movies alone anymore, but I darn sure pick my company.


No comments: