03 March 2007

frank sinatra - my way

Shocking, I know. I don't even like the dude :-s. However, I've always had a weakness for this song. Errrrrm, I'll skip a certain night attending a karaoke show, where a bloke insisted on doing an entire Sinatra impersonation, friends know why. So I'll just forward to today, when I was writing an entry for my personal blog. And as the writing progressed, this song came to my mind and it fitted the entire blog post so well, that I finished it off by quoting the last lines of the song. So fucking true... and so makes me grit my teeth and just move on, pulling my cross after me, just to spite the crowd.

For what is a man? What has he got?
If not himself - Then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way.



No comments: